Thursday, April 23, 2009

You have a momma????

Since it is my last week student teaching, I have been visiting and observing other classes besides 4th grade. Yesterday I visited Kindergarten. The kids were really sweet. I got lots of hugs, I love you's, and are you coming back tomorrows. I know that I don't want to teach kindergarten because they have boundless energy, but one funny story was worth sharing. The teacher asked me to keep an eye on the students when she went outside. She told me that her mother had brought her lunch, and that she was waiting for her in the parking lot. I said I wouldn 't mind at all, and all of the sudden one of the little girls asked her, with a very shocked expression, You have a momma? It was so hard not to laugh. I proceeded to tell her that everyone has a mother, and she looked at me and asked, even you? It was hilarious. Little kids seem to think that their teachers aren't just like them. The scientific term is called reversibility. Another teacher even told me that a kindergarten student was shocked to find out that she didn't live at the school. Kids say some funny things.



No comments: