Thursday, May 28, 2009

Run Away Dog...

It's no secret to anyone who knows my dog Daisy that she hates to go to the vet. Today was no different. I had to take both her and Gabby in for their yearly shots. The vets office is right off of I-30 in Garland. I had Gabby's cage in one hand and Daisy's leash in the other. As soon as we walked unto the curb Daisy started to pull with all of her might. All of the sudden her collar pulled over her head and she dashed across the parking lot. I asked some nice people to watch Gabby and was fortunate enough to catch her. I tightened her collar another notch and went back toward the vet. Before I knew it the collar had slipped over her head again, and she was on the run. I caught her the second time, and tightened the collar again. Again Daisy began to pull and tug and the collar went over her ears for a third time. This time I was in a panic! She was headed straight for the I-30 service road! A nice young girl took off after her with me. Sure enough Daisy was running up the service road. I was starting to cry when people began to stop their cars to chase my dog. When Daisy saw a man running towards her she took off in the opposite direction and ran straight for my arms. This time the vet tech handed me a choke collar for Daisy's neck. Thank you to all of my good Samaritans. I didn't even catch their names. They saved a priceless treasure of my heart.

No comments: