Saturday, October 31, 2009

Copper Comes to Visit....

Last weekend I found a beagle wondering around our street. He was very sweet and let me pet him. He didn't have a collar on, but I knew that he was someones dog because of how friendly he was. I also knew that we had people in the neighborhood that also owned beagles. I put him in the backyard so that he would be safe until someone came to claim him.


At first, Daisy was really apprehensive and would not let him near her. She barked at him even though he wanted to play.

Then she just kind of watched while he sniffed the yard and ran around.



After a little time the two were fast friends. Copper's owner came to claim him about an hour later. That's when we found out his name was Copper. His owners adopted him from a shelter and named him after the Fox and the Hound movie. Kind of ironic considering I had a beagle named Copper that we adopted and named after the same movie.

No comments: