Monday, February 23, 2009

You still have the flu???

Everyday for the last week or so I have had the sniffles. It mostly bothers me in the mornings when I first get to school. Everyday one of the girls in the class says Ms. Elam, it really stinks that you have the flu. I kind of chuckled the first time she said that because anyone knows if you have the flu you don't get out of bed.
The funny thing is that this has become a pattern. Every morning I will blow my nose, and this student says, "Oh Ms. Elam you have the flu!" I have tried explaining to her that I just have the sniffles or maybe a little cold, but not the flu. This morning I walked in and this student asked, Ms. Elam, you still have the flu? I have finally given up trying to convince her that I am not contaminated with the flu virus. Oh well, another cute story for the student teaching blog.
Ha Ha!

1 comment:

Amy Gabbard said...

That's funny. You may want to go see a doctor though. I am still on antibiotics for letting my stuff go on too long.