Friday, January 30, 2009

Dinner and a Movie Night...

Tonight was one of the highlights of my student teaching experience. My mentor teacher has special nights for her students when they are well behaved over a six week period. This occasion was Dinner and a Movie night. The kids really wanted me to come, and I thought that the teachers could use an extra chaperon and set of hands. It was so much fun! We had about thirty kids there, and boy were they hyper. We sat them down and handed out pizza, which is always a kid pleaser. We pumped up the music, and when they were full of sugar from the soda they had a huge area where they could dance and act crazy. We took video and lots of pictures to remember the event.
Once we settled them down a bit, it was time to watch Kung Fu Panda. Everybody pulled out pillows and blankets and huddled together. About half way through we handed out popcorn to all the kids. You just can't have a movie without popcorn! One of the boys was so comfortable on his mat that he fell asleep.
After the movie everyone pitched in to clean up the gym. It was a great time for everyone. I can't believe that I have already been working with these kids for four weeks now! With how fast the time is going my student teaching will be over before I know it! They are a great bunch of students, and I am glad that I have the opportunity to get to know them.

No comments: