Monday, September 22, 2008

Student Teaching

Well, today I have begun the process for student teaching in the Spring. One of the things that I have to do is write an essay about myself, my teaching experiences, and my educational background. I am finding out that this is quite a bit harder that I thought. You want to give them the information that they need, but you don't want to sound to dull or dis-interesting. I am really nervous about this. All the school districts will read this, and choose whether or not they would like me to be their student teacher.
Obtaining my teacher certification has been quite a process for me. I know with all of my heart that I want to teach. It is really hard not to be nervous, and worry if everything will work out for me. It is just one of those things that you have to let go of, and take a giant step of faith. In the meantime I continue to make the preparations necessary for that step. I hope that over the next couple of months that my friends and family will keep me in their thoughts and prayers.
Sometimes when I am alone I try to picture myself in charge of my very own classroom. I think about what the students will be like, and the experiences that I will have. Above all else, I want to make a difference in the lives of those students. I hope that I can.

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Hang in there if I can get my certification you can...once you do get it and get your teaching job-you will value it and realize God's plan for your life....hang in there!!

Diane aka grannie