Friday, September 26, 2008

Kids Say The Funniest Things...

Today I had an assignment with a fifth grade class. I really enjoyed these kids, they really said some funny things.
One of the boys was really excited about his weekend. "Mrs. Elam, do you know where I am going this weekend?" " No where, I asked?" My dad is taking me hunting! Really what are you hunting? Doves! Sometimes we hunt wild pigs. Wow, I said. I then proceeded to tell them how an uncle of ours raises pigs, and that they had hog meat on the menu at their wedding. "Was it a red-neck wedding, he asked?" I laughed at that one!
Then there was a girl who told me all about her ethnic heritage. I was proud of her for remembering some pretty big details about her family. I told her that she must really be proud of her family.
Then there was a little boy who proceeded to tell me that he needed a cell phone! You don't need a cell phone I told him. Who would you call? How old are you? "I'm eleven, and I would call my dog!" I thought that was pretty funny!
These kids kept me laughing all day, and I enjoyed all of their little antics. It makes me feel pretty good when a class I just have for one day wants to tell me all about their lives. Kid's say the funnies things!

No comments: