Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School...

Today I went back to school. It was a fun experience. The campus was really crowded. I had to park across the street in the overflow parking area. I was late because of that, and the fact that my class wasn't in the building that it would normally be in. Once I found out that my class was in the other building, there was a security guard there to tell me that I was not allowed to park on that lot. He also said that no food or drink was allowed in that building. That wasn't all that big of a deal for me because I ate my dinner before I came.
I was glad that once I was inside the classroom I was not the only student that was late. The teacher seems to be pretty understanding and laid back. Tonight was a basic overview of the syllabus, and what we would be covering over the semester. I think that the class should really be a learning experience for me.
Tonight we also talked about the different ways that we can organize our classrooms. I thought that was pretty neat because I was able to bounce my ideas off of people that are already teaching. The professor had a lot of resources for us to look at (I am all about the visual). We also get to do a project on a children's author, that should be a lot of fun.
Anyway, I think that it should be a really good class!

No comments: